Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Combat Stress

Instead of increasing our pay cheque with
more $$, the company send us for stress
management training...

This is what i learned... but me being so mcc
dunno whether it will help much lor...


Stress is an individual reaction. An event can give a positive
stress to one person and a negative stress to another.

Some does his best work under the stress of a
deadline, and whereas , some might fail and breakdown.

Sudden inactivity following retirement from a demanding
job can be critical unless new interests are found.

We must know how to combat stress, or we may be
unnecessarily courting failure, ill health or even early death.


1) SENSE OF HUMOUR
Laughter can enables you to gain new perspectives on
your problems - especially if you can laugh at yourself !

2) THE RIGHT DIET
maintain an ideal body weight can
build up confidence


3) DIFFERENT ACTIVITY
find a break into your normal routine


4) REALISTIC GOALS
Assess where you would like to be in 1, 2, 3
and 5 years' time. Set yourself a timetable
to attain your goal.

5) RELAXATION SKILLS
Learn how to take a "power nap"
It will slow down you pulse and breathing
rate, and reverses many of the natural stress
responses in your body

6) THOROUGH JOB PREPARATION
In the right job, you should be at your level of
competence, with the appropriate skills.
Proper preparation will give you greater job
satisfaction. This is bound to decrease your
stress level.

7) STABLE HOME
Invest enough of your energy and time
in maintaining an adequate network of
friends and family support, the stresses of
your day will be greatly reduced.

Take an active role in your own management,
dont be a passive tourist through your life.


Stress, stress, stress, i dun like this word
feel like telling da boss to give me less work...
Less work, no more stress!!!


.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:27:00 AM, Blogger bethamy said...

wow..not a bad topic.

I have once wrote about I wishes to have a job that stress-free, which I meant...a job that you love so much everything u do for it doesn't seems stressful. Maybe the words I choose doesn't show what my true meaning. Ending up a stranger comment how I should change my life view perspective. Then today, I chat with a friend told me about time will make your life priority different. I think that more right to it...opps..sorry..i'm babbling already. lol

I think what you say about sense of humour really 'ngam'. The right diet means healthy life, ngam also. Different activity, means vacation or take a new hobby is a great stress combat. Realistic Goal is good for planning, where you can see where you want to go ahead. Stable home, means support from love truly needed.

I just wanna support this post, I think not bad the suggestion.

about the last sentence..later your boss say less money if less work. ehhehehe

 
At Saturday, July 26, 2008 9:50:00 AM, Blogger dreamie said...

Mirror,
TQ for your support. The trainer memang pro.

haaihhh .. guess i have to digest all i learnt to overcome my stress.

my boss "count dead grass".. (canto) wan, I will give him my 'dua sen' come appraisal time !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home