Saturday, July 29, 2006

FAMILY - A Very True Reflection

Received this email message from a friend. The message it brings
across is so beautiful, that I would like to share with all of you.

Read slowly and then look at ourselves, read even slower
when you reach the "FAMILY" column below


F A M I L Y

I ran into a stranger as he passed by,
"Oh excuse me please" was my reply

He said, "Please, excuse me too;
I wasnt watching for you"

We were very polite, this stranger and I,
We went on our way and we said goodbye

But at home a different story is told,
How we treat our loved ones, young and old

Later that day, cooking the evening meal,
My son stood beside me very still

When I turned, I nearly knocked him down
"Move out of the way" I said with a frown

He walked away, his little heart broken
I didnt realize how harshly I'd spoken

While I lay awake in bed,
God's still small voice came to me and said

"While dealing with a stranger,
common courtesy you use,
but the family you love, you seem to abuse

Go and look on the kitchen floor
You'll find some flowers there by the door

Those are the flowers he brought for you
He picked them himself, pink , yellow and blue

He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise
You never saw the tears that filled his little eyes."

By this time, I felt very small
And now my tears began to fall

I quietly went and knelt by his bed
"Wake up, little one, wake up," I said

"Are these the flowers you picked for me?"
He smiled, "I found'em , out by the tree

I picked 'em because they're pretty like you
I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue"

I said "Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today;
I shouldnt have yelled at you that way"
He said, "Oh, Mom, that's okay
I love you anyway."

I said, "Son, I love you too,
and I do like the flowers, especially the blue"


FAMILY - are you aware that if we died tomorrow, the company
that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of day,
But , the family we left behind will feel the loss for the rest of
their lives.

And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into work than
into our family, an unwise investment indeed, don't you think so?

Do you know what the word FAMILY means?
FAMILY = (F)ather (A)nd (M)other (I) (L)ove (Y)ou




4 Comments:

At Saturday, July 29, 2006 9:37:00 AM, Blogger Admin said...

think i'm too old to get inspired by messages like that liao.

 
At Saturday, July 29, 2006 2:08:00 PM, Blogger nyonyapenang said...

ya, we tend to take the people closest to us for granted. bad hor?

 
At Saturday, July 29, 2006 5:22:00 PM, Blogger bethamy said...

i read this before from forward mail. when i first read it, i think it's very touching. we tend to forget what's the most basic love. still, it's not easy to maintain the love everyday when the person is too close to u. too much love will become crazy sometimes...ahhaa..for me lah.

 
At Sunday, July 30, 2006 6:31:00 PM, Blogger dreamie said...

ah pek - you are a seasoned man lah
with the various spices in life jor

nyonya - yalor, parents for instance
we find them very "lo li, lo so" but in actual fact they are being protective and caring.

mirror - crazy cos too much love..
drive you to the wall ha?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home